The hail was about the size of small bouncy balls, which is really pretty big!!Tuesday, July 21, 2009
July Hail Storm
Wow!! Last night we got hammered! About 9:30PM Jeff went outside to watch a beautiful lightning storm to the north of us... well, by 10:10 we could hear the thunder booming, and the wind was howling! We decided to close our windows. Within minutes the hail was so loud that we couldn't hear each other talk. We had to yell. When it got so thick that we couldn't see out our windows, and our street lamps were not lit, Jeff made the decision to get the kids out of bed and go downstairs. This all came on so quickly that there were not even warnings or anything on the TV. We huddled in the basement with the kids for 10 mins or so. Then we went back upstairs and surveyed our damage... we THOUGHT we had it bad until today... driving around town it's crazy!! There are still 27000 Arvada residents with no power, it's expected back by tonight around 11PM. There were 2 tornado's in the county. I've never seen a storm like this in Arvada, and I've lived here for 24 years!
The hail was about the size of small bouncy balls, which is really pretty big!!
This was a random house I drove past.
My Dad's neighbor's tree down...
No leaves on this tree, they're all on the ground...
See what I mean??
The hail was about the size of small bouncy balls, which is really pretty big!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. I'm so sorry. I saw the other pics you emailed to mom and Curt. Dang.
I want to see the pictures of Dad's! Man, I can't believe how huge the hail is!!
Randy and I were yelling back and forth about whether to take the kids down stairs. It was scary! You guys were probably smart. ;)
Post a Comment