Thursday, August 20, 2009

A couple cute stories...

A few days ago when getting ready to give Dallen a bath, I realized I needed to grab something in the kitchen before I was stuck in the bathroom for tub playtime. The bathtub was still empty, so I stuck him in it (naked already) to play with his bath toys for a quick second while I ran to the kitchen. Seriously this all happened SO fast. While I'm in the kitchen I hear Sienna scream that Dallen is "tinkling" all over!! I didn't care, he was going to get a bath, and for heaven's sake he was already IN the tub!! But Sienna was upset that he was peeing all over the same bathtoys that she plays with. As I'm walking back to the bathroom I can hear Dallen just giggling and having fun, and I could already picture what I was about to see. FYI, when Dallen takes baths, he loves to be on his tummy and slide back and forth from one end of the tub to the other, and he couldn't do that in a dry tub...

Yes! He was on his tummy, sliding back and forth in his pee!! All I could do was laugh, laugh, and laugh! So funny! And as I stated before, he was getting a bath anyway right? So I could just enjoy the moment!!

Now for a Sienna story. Tonight I was feeding Dallen some commercial baby food for dinner. It was a Gerber 3rd foods Vegetable beef Dinner. I often take bites of his dinners, and don't think that they taste much different from a casserole. Mostly its just the texture thats different. Anyhow, Sienna always jokes that she wants a bite of his food, but really she just thinks it's funny to have me bring a spoonful towards her mouth only to turn away giggling. Tonight was no exception! But she was sitting on my lap, so I could tease her back! After a couple times of her turning away, I decided that she wasn't going to get away with it again, I would let her have the food... So I was holding her giggling little body in my left arm while my right hand had a spoonful of babyfood coming at her cute grin. Her mouth was closed and the food plopped right onto her lip/cheek. It was hilarious until Jeff tried to help her clean it off of her face and smeared some of it into her now open mouth. Poor Sienna started gagging fiercely!! Now I'm thinking "Oh no! We just finished our dinner, and she's sitting on MY lap!!". Jeff grabbed the trashcan and threw the lid off, and I tossed her off my lap and helped get her to the trash. Nothing major came up, but I was still glad she was by the trash and not my lap!! Best part of it all was that Sienna resumed giggling again as soon as her mouth was clean!! What a funny girl! We all had quite the laugh!

I have to end this with an interaction that took place last week between me and Sienna...

Me (upon finding out that Victoria Beckham was only a few miles away in Denver): Sienna, Victoria Beckham is here in Denver!!

Sienna (Jaw dropped): Victoria Spice Girl?

Me: Yes. Posh Spice. What should we do?

Sienna: We HAVE to find her Mommy!

Me: Yes, I agree. But HOW are we going to do that?

Sienna: Well, we need to go to the store. We need to buy a magnifying glass. (Long pause) I have super duper shmooper eyes, and I CAN find her Mommy.

Me: I really love you Sienna.

Now does this girl take after me or what??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I DO love these stories! I think my favorite is the one where Dallen is taking a ride in his tinkles!!!

Caitlin Dawn said...

The tinkle story does rock. But I also really super dooper schmooper like the Victoria Beckham one as well.

Andrew said...

Funny Funny post!!