Sunday, January 2, 2011

The End of 2010

The year ended fabulous for the Shaw family!! Jeff finished his first semester back to college. He had a great semester finishing with 2 A's, and 2 B's!! Yay! So then we were able to really relax for the first time in MONTHS! Jeff took a full week off from work, then I took a full week off also! We were both able to spend lots of quality time with the kiddo's!! I wanted to share just a few cute pictures from December... first one is Dallen and Sienna in their Christmas clothes. I really LOVE the expression on Dallen's face :)
Here is Sienna's first hand/head stand!! I'm not sure what inspired her to want to even TRY to do a handstand, but she was trying so hard, so I gave her a couple tips that I learned when I was young (so yes, she is in fact leaning a bit against the wall behind her). She was SO proud of herself!!
Every year my Mom and sisters and I all have a "bake day" where we make lots of yummy goodies for ourselves and Santa Claus! This year my kids and I had are own small version of this annual day because my Mom and sisters were in MEXICO for my cousin Kelly's wedding (Congrats Nate and Kelly!! Wish I could've been there too!!). Here are some funny pics from the day.
Dallen was (obviously) a mess, and then SNUCK one of the cookies before they were even frosted!! What a little stinker! An awfully cute stinker though...
Then on December 30th, we FINALLY got our first snowstorm!! We kept having snow in our forecast, but never got more than a dusting. So it was hard for me to believe that it was actually going to snow when it showed up in our forecast yet again! We didn't get much, but 3 inches of white fluffy snow and below freezing temperatures was enough to keep the snow around for a couple days. I have to say, I like how the snow looks, but I'm always glad when it melts away! I think that is why Denver winters and I get along so well. We are going to have a 50 degree day later this week! :) Here is a picture of the kids all bundled up to play in the backyard!
I hope whomever reads this had a prosperous 2010, and Happy New Year to you all also!!
Welcome 2011!!

6 comments:

Mama Robyn said...

Beautiful family Linds. Miss you guys so much. here's to a great 2011 for you all.

Carrrie said...

Looks like you had tons of fun with the kids! Great pictures as always. :D Hope you have a wonderful 2011 as well!

laura said...

i love the new picture of your family in front of the trains. your hair is so cute!

Russ and Em said...

I love the picture of the girls. I think you tried to teach me how to hand stand at the same age.

Nezhone said...

Cute pictures of the kids. That's a cool tradition you do with baking cookies.

Caitlin and Jason said...

My favorite part of this blog is the fact that in the picture where Dallen is all messy he is wearing an apron for a girl and in the picture where they're all bundled to go outside, he is wearing purple boots. Yet he always manages to look very boy-ish ;)