Sunday, November 25, 2007

Time to put up the Christmas Tree


Well, it's that time of year again!! We're finally putting our tree up. I've been waiting for 3 very long days to be finishing our decorations with our tree! This is the first year of my life that I've not bought a "real" tree. Jeff inherited a beautiful prelighted tree from his old company that was purchased earlier this year. The new company didn't want it! I think it will be very nice, although, I need to go buy a pine tree scented candle now. That will be the part I miss the most, the woodsy pine smell! I won't miss watering the tree daily, and trying to come up with new concoctions every year to prolong the life of the tree. I won't miss vacuuming the pine needles up all the time(although, that too omits a very nice fragrance). And I certainly won't miss having to haul that old, dead, prickly tree out after the holidays, and taking it to a recycling place. Come to think of it, this could be really nice...anyone know of a good brand candle with a pine scent.
Ooooo, I'm so excited! Sienna's in bed sleeping already, so she'll get to wake up to a surprise! Christmas will be so fun this year. Seeing the excitement in her eye's makes it all new for me again. We saw Santa yesterday, along with 2 of his reindeer! Sienna still didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, so I sat next to him, and she sat on my lap. But she did talk to him! She told him that for Christmas she would like "witch makeup". She's pretty funny, she's been really into the "Wizard of Oz" lately. And she thinks the Wicked Witch is hilarious. She likes her laugh, she likes that she comes in a puff of red smoke, and she likes that she's green! Of course, I can't let her watch the whole movie, it'd terriffy her. So she watches the "Mommies edited version". Which is the one where I skip from track to track, and only let her watch the songs, until "poof" Dorothy's back in Kansas with Auntie Em. Anyway, she's also watched clips from the musical "Wicked" on YouTube with me. So now she wants to have witch makeup so she can be green. I don't think Santa understood why a 2 year old would want makeup at all. Oh well.
Well, now it's time for me to hang ornaments, so I must say so long, farewell, and there's no place like home!

5 comments:

Jan said...

So sorry you had to wait for us to get back for the tree stand... I'm glad you got to put it up! I love the wish for 'witch make up'. Love the pictures too.

Caitlin Dawn said...

She looks like she has a ton of hair in these pictures, it's odd cause I saw her what, 2 days ago, and it didn't seem like she had THAT much. I love that she loves Elphie! Makes me smile!

Auntie Marcy said...

I hate to admit that we're joining the same club...1st year without a real Christmas tree at home. I like the Yankee Candles, but have some fun shopping and sniffing.
Sienna is darling...I love the Wizard of Oz stories...as long as she doesn't think the wicked witch looks like her Auntie Marcy!

Lady Carolyn said...

Bath and Body works has pine scented wall flowers that are amazing. glade's really aren't that bad though. LOL You know, I've never had a real tree. Wierd, huh?

Carrrie said...

I thought your tree looked great when I saw it. I too love the Bath and Body works wall flower in evergreen at Christmas time. I also miss the "REAL TREE" smell! Riley has been telling me almost daily that "Sienna wants makeup for Christmas". I have no idea how he knows that! Maybe he wants to buy her some.... ;)