A couple of weeks ago, Sienna was introduced to a movie called "The Swan Princess", its an animated feature roughly based off of the ballet "Swan Lake". It's pretty cute, with songs, and dancing, very much like any Disney animated movie. The main characters are Princess Odette, Prince Derek, Speed the Turtle, Jean-Bob the Frog, and Puffin the Bird. Of course there's the evil sorcerer guy, (who's name I don't remember) but he's not important for this story.
Sienna has decided that she's Princess Odette. She goes aroung singing the songs all the time. This is really cute most of the time... there are the times that I ask her to do something and she says she can't because I asked for "Sienna's" help, and she's "Princess Odette". That's somewhat irritating to have to remember to call her Princess Odette all the time to get a positive response, but otherwise it's amazing for me to see her imagination at work.
She had to find other people to play with her so now for the last week or so, my sister Caitlin has been addressed as none other than "Prince Derek"! (Thanks so much for humoring Sienna, Caitlin!!) Poor Caitlin has to put up with being addressed as a boy all the time. Literally ALL THE TIME! Sienna even refers to her as "he, him, and his" if it's not Prince Derek directly! The imagination doesn't shut off! We could be out at the store, or just waking up, or eating a meal, and it doesn't matter. I could tell Caitlin was starting to wear thin of this so, one day when Tori was visiting, I helped to dub her as Jean-Bob! At least Caitlin knows she's still a person, poor Tori has to be a frog (but she's embraced it quite well)!! It's working out quite well for Sienna, she loves having another person to imagine with! She keeps asking me who I am, and I tell her I'm Mommy. I don't know if I want to get stuck in that all inclusive trap of not being myself. I don't know that she'd listen as well to me if I was Puffin! There's no end in sight to this imagination stuff! It's quite amazing, isn't it?
4 comments:
I love the wagon pic. Was that taken at the new place?
Yes it is at our new place. But the wagon's not new!!! That was just this past Saturday, it was 74 degrees, then on Sunday church was cancelled due to snow! Crazy weather here this time of year!!
Tell me about it. Everyone is sick here with the warm to cold, and allergies. Bleh. Bring on the summer!
I love her imagination!!! That movie is well worth imagining about too. I put a song in our wedding video from that movie. Fun update!
Post a Comment