So finally! Here are some pictures of our new basement home! (Courtesy of my Mom, although all of our parents offered to put us up for as long as we needed.)


The most beautiful part of the basement is the bathroom! Marble countertop, slate tiled shower, and a shower head that is tall enough that neither Jeff or I have to bend our knees to have the water hit our heads where it's supposed to! Yeah!!!
Another really fun part of our new home is a closet that has most appropriatly been dubbed "The Harry Potter closet". It's called that because it's under the stairs like Harry's closet bedroom is in the first book/movie. And it could very easily be a bedroom, it's quite spacious! I'm sure someday (when we aren't living here) it will be a favorite place for all the grandchildren to run and play in. Sienna wants to go into it everyday already, unfortunatly for her, it's starting to fill up with too
many of our "storage" type items. She still fits into it, but we don't fit with her anymore. Oh, and notice that it's just her size too! When I was growing up my Great Grandma had a closet that was 1/2 sized and it was my favorite thing to go play with and pretend when I would visit her! I always thought it was like the door to Wonderland, like in the movie "Alice and Wonderland". Times have changed, now it's the Harry Potter closet, but the imagination stays the same!
The last picture I had to throw in just because I can't stand to post a blog without having a picture of Sienna included! That smile is too cute not to share with the world!

To end this special blog, I want to send a special thanks to my Mom, for obvious reasons. To Jeff's parents for helping out so much in the last month, and for letting us take over their basement to use as our main "storage space" for the next several months. And last but not least I want to thank my Dad and Kristyl for also letting us store yet even more stuff at their home! I've decided we've got way too much stuff for never having lived in a space larger than 864 sq. feet! THANK YOU ALL!!
For those of you reading this that don't know, our condo which we've
lived in for near 7 years has dropped in value, so we can't possibly sell it right now. So we've decided to use it as a rental property for the time being, and we've moved into my Mom's newly finished basement for a while to save up some moola to use as downpayment for a house.
We figure it's about that time in our lives where we NEED a house with a yard. Sienna's very excited about having her own backyard to play in. It probably doesn't help that we've already told her several times over that when we have a house she can have a swingset!
We figure it's about that time in our lives where we NEED a house with a yard. Sienna's very excited about having her own backyard to play in. It probably doesn't help that we've already told her several times over that when we have a house she can have a swingset!
So the top picture is of our favorite feature in our new home, OUR
GAS FIREPLACE!!! It's so nice, and it will be great for the basement once we've moved out also. Second picture is our "living room", which conveniently is also our bedroom! Notice the third picture with our bed crammed behind the couch!! The bonus to this is that we can watch TV from our couch OR our bed.
Next picture is Sienna's bedroom (sorry that it's not a clean bedroom, but really what can you expect from a 2 year old?)
We wanted her to have as normal of a space as possible so she doesn't feel crammed while we live here, so we gave her the only basement bedroom! All of her many toys fit into it, which is wonderful for her, and us!
Another really fun part of our new home is a closet that has most appropriatly been dubbed "The Harry Potter closet". It's called that because it's under the stairs like Harry's closet bedroom is in the first book/movie. And it could very easily be a bedroom, it's quite spacious! I'm sure someday (when we aren't living here) it will be a favorite place for all the grandchildren to run and play in. Sienna wants to go into it everyday already, unfortunatly for her, it's starting to fill up with too
The last picture I had to throw in just because I can't stand to post a blog without having a picture of Sienna included! That smile is too cute not to share with the world!
To end this special blog, I want to send a special thanks to my Mom, for obvious reasons. To Jeff's parents for helping out so much in the last month, and for letting us take over their basement to use as our main "storage space" for the next several months. And last but not least I want to thank my Dad and Kristyl for also letting us store yet even more stuff at their home! I've decided we've got way too much stuff for never having lived in a space larger than 864 sq. feet! THANK YOU ALL!!
3 comments:
Wow, that's an awesome basement apt. We lived in our friends basement for a while and it was unfinished with sheets and blankets for walls!
I bet Sienna loves having aunts and a Grandma right there. Not to mention a new place to explore... --And i totally understand the two yr old clutter machine. Sienna's room is clean compared to our toy room. Emma keeps it clean and it only takes Katie about 30 min to destroy it. Yea for toy rooms you can close the door on!
I loved the pics. Thanks for posting again.
What a BEAUTIFUL basement! I had no idea you moved. Thats a great idea to live there and rent the condo. we really need to get together and catch up!
I remembering playing under the stairs at my parents... of course the grandkids hang out there now too. It's the official 'toy' room. Your new basement home looks pretty comfy.
Post a Comment