
A couple weeks ago we left to go to my family's cabin in Driggs, Idaho. It's in the Teton Valley, just over the Mountains from Jackson (Hole), Wyoming. Jeff and I always love going there, and this time we decided to invite his whole family to join us! They were all there with us for about 3 days, I hope they had as much fun as we did! We started out by going over the pass to Jackson Hole for a day. We got ALL of us in a very cute "old time" photo, and ate dinner at a Chuckwagon Dinner Ranch. It was unforgettable. Then the next day, the men and grandparents took the 4 oldest kids (ranging in age from 3-6) fishing on the Teton River. Well, to make a long and funnyish story short, they overturned the canoe which was carrying Mike, David, and little 4 year old Ellie. No permanent damage done, although Dave still thinks there's a chance of retrieving his cell phone from the bottom of the river... see blog link to the side (David, Emily and kids). Just kidding, I think it's been long replaced now. Oh, and Ellie has a great story to tell for the rest of her life! So this first picture is of Mikayla, Ellie, Ginny, Grandma, and Sienna on the cabin's porch swing. On our day spent with David's family, we drove up the mountain to Grand Targhee ski area and rode the ski lift (down below) up to the top, where we took a short hike (walk) to the viewpoint way up at the top of my blog. It is so unbelievably breathtaking up there. I think it's


one of the best views of the Tetons. I also wanted to show the inside of the cabin, so here's the only shot that sort of shows that.
After all of the family left we had 3 days more. At first I almost said "Lets just go home, what do we do by ourselves?" But then of course what I really needed was time to just relax, and realize that we could now do whatever we wanted! So we ended out going to Yellowstone one day, and driving all the way to the North rim of the park to see Mammoth Hot Springs (not as impressive as we had hoped, now I know why that's the only part of the park I'd never been to) we probably won't do that again. The southern loop is the most amazing part of the park by a longshot! It brought back a lot of memories for me as it's the 20th anniversary of the big Yellowstone fires. I was there that year, and I have very vivid memories from that trip, it's amazing the amount of regrowth that has happened since then. You can still see all of the burn areas very clearly though too.



Our last couple of days were very relaxed. We took the motor boat onto the river, and went swimming at Green Canyon Hot Springs. Mostly it was just so great to enjoy each others company. These last pictures are of Jeff and Sienna, then Sienna and me, and also Sienna by herself at a great viewpoint of the Lower Falls in Yellowstone Canyon. Going to Idaho has been one of my favorite trips since I was little, and I just can't wait to go again and again and again!! So fun!
5 comments:
Sienna's pic by herself is behind the one of the two of you. You guys look like you had a lot of fun!
The pics were all clear for me... but the words are off to the side on one of them. I love the picture of just Sienna, she looks so darn cute!! She sure knows how to pose for a picture when she wants too!
Sounds like you all had a great time. I love the pics. This brings back a lot of memories for me of hiking and horseback riding adventures I had while at Ricks. :) It's neat to hear that you visited many of the same places.
I had trouble posting this blog, sorry for the funny placement of words, and pictures. Not sure what happened, and I can't seem to fix it...Hopefully you can see some of it!
the pic with Sienna and her glasses is awesome. Sounds like you had a great trip!
Post a Comment