Saturday, June 21, 2008

18 weeks and counting

I'm now 18 weeks along in my pregnancy, and I had a Dr. appt. this week! Sienna decided at the last minute she really wanted to go with me, so she too came. We heard the baby's heartbeat and the baby kicked the doppler thingy! It was pretty funny for me because I've only felt little tiny movements, and I could SEE my whole tummy move when the baby kicked that thing! I don't think it likes being listened to, at my last visit it just wouldn't hold still for us, and now it kicks! It's amazing how they can show personality before they're even really here in front of us! The fetal heart rate was 157 beats per minute (BPM). I checked in my journal to compare to my previous pregnancy (not that I really think it means too much, just curious really), and at the same visit with Sienna, her heart rate was 158! Almost exactly the same! Crazy! Anyhow, we scheduled my big ultrasound while I was there....July 3 is the day!! I only hope that this young little baby cooperates so we can find out if it's a he or a she!! I can't wait for that day!

3 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

That is always so exciting. I wonder if you have a claustrophobic little one? Emma and Katie both attacked anything that put pressure on my belly. Neither can stand to feel even remotely trapped and still kick if you sit too close on their blankets or hug to tight. LOL

I have to add, after just seeing you I'm baffled you are almost half way done! You hardly show! What i would give for even some of your genes... *sigh*

Lindsay said...

You are too nice, I feel like I'm huge!

Carrrie said...

I can't believe it's almost halfway too. My sister in law who is very short and tiny is HUGE already and she is due in November also. I can't wait to hear your news after the 3rd! I have been meaning to call you, because I feel like we never talk anymore...makes me feel bad. Anyway...I love keeping up by reading the blog!