Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Could this be my future?

Nevermind the fact that I'm holding a baby boy and Sienna, I'm just wondering if she'll ever get over the "baby jealousy"? Or could this be what the future holds for me, a crying 3 year old whenever I am holding another child? I ultimatly think it will pass, but I really wish it would happen sooner than later! I have 4 friends (sister Casey included) who have had babies in the last month (Happy 1 month birthday Hayden!!), and whenever I'm near ANY of them Sienna starts saying how she doesn't like them! In the particular incidence when this picture was taken, I had just picked up Hayden when all of the sudden I hear Sienna pacing in the hallway repeating to herself "I do not like Hayden! I do not like Hayden!" When my sisters and I chose not to give her attention for this behavior, she decided to slam the bedroom door on us! Then I heard her start sobbing in the hallway, so I called her into the bedroom. She comes in and continues on about how she doesn't like Hayden, and she doesn't want me to hold him. I informed her that I can hold her also, (I realize that this won't work as well when/if we decide for a 3rd child) so she then crawls up to me, and this wonderful picture was taken! I really couldn't help but laugh! I mean check out the look on poor Hayden's face! My guess is he's thinking..."What is up with this family of mine? My only cousin doesn't seem to stop crying whenever I'm around!" One day Hayden, I'm sure you'll be friends one day....

4 comments:

Caitlin Dawn said...

Oh man, this moment was far too funny!

tracycharmed said...

Wow! Just wait until she tries to strangle the new baby. Eventually it gets better!!! Hang in there.

Lady Carolyn said...

You'll be fine. It helped us to let Emma think having Katie was about her. Emma got big sister presents and we told her Katie was HER baby sister.. and mommy's and Daddy's as an after thought. i even set aside Emma's things to help katie with. She had a new blanket to cover katie, that we said was Emma's Katie blanket. And her lotion to rub on the baby's feet and hands, and I let her pick Katie's clothes out before we went anywhere, and she had her own pink bag to bring if she wanted that was like a mini diaper bag. You get the point. she loved it and felt like she had a ton of attention. And stopped worrying that she was getting replaced.

Carrrie said...

Oh goodness! It will get better. One day Riley informed me that he dind't like Aiden and he wanted me to take him back. But now he just loves him. I did the whole big brother present thing too, that seemed to help. And Riley was just so ready for his baby brother to come out of my belly. :) It's fun having two...Sienna will get the excitement soon enough.