Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'll take it as long as I can!!

Yesterday we had to go by our condo (which has renters in it currently) to take care of an HOA matter. Sienna and I sat in the car and waited for Jeff while he took care of the problem. As we were sitting there, Sienna was pointing to our unit, and remembering different things about it. This is what followed...

Me: (Thinking she'd be excited) Sienna, if Daddy and I still own the condo when you are a teenager, and you graduate from Highschool, maybe you can live there!

Sienna: (Very distressed) What? Where would you live then Mom?

Me: (Trying to be understanding of a 3 year old who is obviously not ready to think that someday she maybe WON'T want to live with me) Ohhhhhh. Well honey, I'll live with you there too!

Sienna: (Still very distressed) I DON'T WANT TO BE A TEENAGER if I can't live with you Mom! I want to always live with you!

Me: Of course honey! We can live together as long as you want. Forever, and ever, and ever if you want. (Comforting smile and pat on her leg, I think I backpedaled to safety)


I think I'll take it as long as she'll let me. I'm sure there will come a day when she doesn't feel this way, and why should I push it?!?! Her love is amazing!

3 comments:

Mama Robyn said...

what a darling little girl. I have a feeling Cannon is going to be uber loving like that too. he just seems so sweet. I bet some of her sugar rubbed off onto him when he was an infant and she would pay attention to him back then. Glad all is well with you and your pregnancy. when are you Due?? Love and miss you and the Fam!

Lady Carolyn said...

Aw, how sweet is that? Emma's already discussing college and traveling all over the world. You're right. It doesn't last long, enjoy it. :)

Mama Robyn said...

no i haven't always used them. we had to switch at Cannon's 1 year appointment due to an Allergy to the absorbancy chemical in the disposables. I really wanted to do them from the begining but just didn't and Now that I am using them I really like it. Call it the Hippy in me but I really do like it. Why? Are you thinking about it for the new little one? I have lots of good sources for you if you are. Talk to you soon. Lots of Love!!!