On Saturday we went to pick our pumpkins from the nearby pumpkin patch. Their prices have gone up this year, but we still got them for $5 each, and as you can see from the picture they are HUGE! We actually have one more than what's shown in this picture, and the unseen one is the biggest of them all. Sienna wanted a small one that she could hold on her own, and we got one other relatively small one to cook our yummy "Dinner in a Pumpkin" in. It was pretty fun to go see all the farm animals at the patch, and also to buy caramel apples!! (Have I mentioned how I am officially having my first real pregnancy cravings EVER, and they're all for sweets! Ugh! I usually don't have a problem saying "no" to sweets, but for whatever reason now, I could live off of purely sugary, baked, sweet, and delicious perfections! I don't think this is one of those times that my body supposedly "needs" what I'm craving...) Anyhow, it was a fun morning.
Then, a couple days ago, I was trying to get Sienna into the "October" mood, and I suggested we find the DVD of "The Great-Pumpkin Charlie Brown", but she thought we should instead find the "Thanksgiving Charlie Brown". So I thought, "What the heck?" We're getting a jump start on it all anyway right? So she watched the Thanksgiving special. I guess my mood, rubbed off on Jeff a bit, because last night he spent about a half an hour uploading holiday ringtones onto our homephone. So now we've got our holiday ringtones all set already! Boy are we ahead of the game. Now I just really need to get the shopping done. Oh, and I suppose I should really make sure we find the last of the baby things we need too. We still haven't quite found everything out of our storage yet. Seeing as how are stuff is strewn all over between my Mom's, my Dad's, AND Jeff's parents basements, it's been taking us some time to locate it all. I think we're almost done!
Oh the craziness of life... By the way, is this what they always refer to as "nesting" that I'm going through? I still haven't ever figured that one out. I do feel a little bit restrained by the fact that we're in my Mom's basement. I'm sure I'd be going even more overboard if I had more space...that's probably a very good thing right now! Only 6 weeks to go!
9 comments:
Okay, first off, I love the blog make over. Second, Your profile pic is beyond awesome, :) and third, Yea Fall!
I get nesting syndrome. Its the bursts of energy and need to make everything look nice and pretty. holidays and season changes will do that to me particularly in late pregnancy.
Hey its great you are getting things done. I have skipped halloween and thanksgiving. I have gone crazy thinking I need to get all my christmas shopping done in the last couple days.
YES YOU ARE NESTING!!! we went to the pumpkin patch this weekend also. i will put pictures today. I am in full holiday mode as well! YEA FOR 6 WEEKS LEFT!!!! I had better be on your list of those to call soon after. I had better be under the rip8 and shaw6. Love you!
Hooray for the holidays! I can't wait until Dallen is born. One more thing in life I get to be greatful for!
Lindsay you are too cute! You are totally nesting! :) So...I must know...where is this pumpkin patch?? I really want to take the boys this year! the pumpkins you picked look amazing. :)
Love the new blog look! Good choice! You need to post a picture of your cute belly. Only 6 weeks? Wow!
Jenae
The pumpkin patch is located off Hwy 287 (Wadsworth Blvd) up in Broomfield. When headed North, after you pass through the main part of town and head down the hill, you can see it to your left. You will then take a left into the Rock Creek Pumpkin Patch. I think they have a website too if you need more info. If you get to the Northwest Parkway you've gone too far. It's very clearly marked though...
Looks like a great time! I think I'm ready to pull out Christmas tunes (since I've been singing them I might as well). I can't believe the pregnancy is about to end. I hope you're taking pictures of yourself, cause you still look great! -jan
We wish we could get into the spirit that way and then not have to worry about it
Post a Comment