Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Post, Of course!

So I suppose it all started long before this video, but I thought it a good starting point for our Halloween story. This was taken last Friday, October 24th, opening day of High School Musical 3 (from here on out this will be abbreviated to HSM) in the movie theaters. To say that Sienna LOVES HSM is putting it mildly. She really, really, really LOVES it! So who will she be for Halloween?? Why HSM's main lovable girl, Gabriella Montez. But first we have to carve pumpkins...





Jeff, Caitlin, Mom, Sienna and I carved pumpkins together. Mom and Caitlin did a joint effort, whilst the rest of us each carved one. Here is Jeff working on his masterpiece!
And now here are the finished works... Mine is the one on the far right (it's a ghost holding a candelabra peering through some windows), The joint effort pumpkin is the one with 2 pictures on it (hint, it's a vampire biting a victim on the left, and a spider on the right), Sienna's is the classic "Jack-O-Lantern" smiling, and Jeff's would be the political statement (it says "vote" and has profile's of both McCain (left), and Obama (right)). If you want to see a better picture of Jeff's, then I suggest looking at my sister Caitlin's blog, I think she's got a pretty good picture of just his alone.
Finally we come to Halloween night, and Sienna dressed as Gabriella. I tried really hard to convince her that there were better costumes out there, and that no one would understand that she was even dressed up because she would just look like a little girl with dark hair. But I was proven wrong. She insisted, and we came up with a fairly good costume with clothes that she could wear everyday if she really wanted to. Of course the icing on the cake is the wig. It is an official "HSM Gabriella" wig, we found it at Target and had to get it. I'm so glad we did. Amazingly, there were people who thought it was her real hair ("Boy she was sure born with a head of hair! It's beautiful!"). Those who knew it wasn't real thought it was the best part of the costume, which of course it was, because she would look NOTHING like Gabriella without it!

And although Sienna would not utter the words "Trick or Treat" to a single soul, she still got way too much candy! I think it'll last us until next Halloween!!


Not quite sure why this picture cut off, but it still show's what I wanted. Gabriella's the one with braids, obviously we didn't get a wig with braids, but it's still her! This is the picture we modeled the costume after. I thought it'd be a little bit cold for shorts that short! I guess I was wrong there too, I think we had a record high Halloween temperature!

5 comments:

Mama Robyn said...

Oh she is so sweet. I love the costume and the pumpkins. now all we need is for the new Shaw pumpkin to come visit! Love and miss you guys.

Lady Carolyn said...

Not being a fan of HSM, I gotta say if it starred Sienna looking that cute I'd watch it every day lol. She's just adorable!

Jenny said...

She looks so cute. Jentrey reconized it was HMS right away maybe because she was a cheerleader from HMS.

Carrrie said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable Lindsay, and such a girl! I love it! :) (being surrounded by boys makes me appreciate the cute-ness more!)

Jan said...

LOVE the video. Oh and so does Carson. He keeps saying 'i need to see sienna again. more sienna.' I'm glad you came by that night it was fun to see her in costume.