Friday, November 21, 2008

40 weeks and counting!

Yes, it is now official. Yesterday I was 40 weeks. I am feeling better right now than I was a few days ago. Granted, it (my mood) does change quite quickly now. I couldn't have predicted that it would get so erratic. I never would have believed that I would go past my due date, not sure why I thought I'd be exempt from this misery. Especially living in the state of Colorado where the AVERAGE pregnancy goes until 41 weeks, 2 days! I think it has something to do with the elevation here. Anyhow, I was correct on one account; I said my Doctor wouldn't let me go into Thanksgiving weekend without having given birth, and sure enough, when I saw her yesterday, she started talking about induction so I would be home for Thanksgiving! She said that I am "very favorable" (whatever that means), and she could do the induction whether or not she was on call because it would probably be quick. So I'm guessing for an 8-9 lb baby at this point... any other guessers out there? I had a dream about a month or so ago that was pretty detailed, and he was 7 lbs, 3 oz., but I'm thinking there is no way that could be possible anymore. He is HUGE! At least it feels that way to me. So my next post hopefully will be one with news of our baby boy's birth, but in the mean time, I want to apologize to those of you who I've scared off from calling me, and say thanks to those of you who still have called. If I'm feeling bad, I promise I won't answer and put you through the torture of trying to lift my spirits! I'll keep you all informed, I promise!!

10 comments:

Jan said...

Hmmm would some pumpkin choc chip cookies help you feel better. I think you sound pretty upbeat actually. You know the end is in sight at least. You are looking very radiant too. I hope it's sooner than later!!! My guess is 7lb 14oz. I would never wish you an 8-9lb babe.

Caitlin Dawn said...

Yeah, I think he could be in the 8lb range, but I definitely think there is no way he'll hit 9lbs... although maybe bigger is better. Mom says her two babies in the 8lb range were the easier deliveries :)

Carrrie said...

I talked to Jeff last night. Hopefully he let you know I have been thinking about you all week! There is an end in sight! :) We are hoping Randy's sister has her baby this weekend too. I'm guessing 7 lbs 8 oz. :) But...I did deliver an 8 lb baby, and I'll agree with Caitlin and tell you it was easier then my 6 lbs 5 oz baby. Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear how everything went!

Carrrie said...

btw...where did you and Caitlin take the cute profile pics? I love them!

Jami said...

Praying for you!

Unknown said...

love the picture! my thoughts and prayers are with you. can't wait for the news...

love,
Melissa

Lady Carolyn said...

Being induced was really nice for me. It turn out I'm getting induced with this one too. It feels like a drive up order. "Um, yes, I'd like a 8 lb, baby with a side of patosin." LOL

P.S. Emma was almost a week late and I thought I would die pregnant. I didn't.

You being favorable could mean you're already softening or dilating, or it could mean your doctor thinks you are a patient she could do a favor for. Either way, NICE!! You are really going to have a lot to be Thankful for this year! :)

Mama Robyn said...

Take that kid out already would you! Love ya.

Mama Robyn said...

oh yeah and Bug was 9lbs. 2oz and with my induction they HAD to do C-section cause of his size so hopefully for you he is Smaller. However I had NO PROBLEMS with my c-section and was up and running the hospital floors with-in 26 hours of birth! Loves!

Todd and Casey said...

I have to admit, I felt better after I hit my due date. At that point it's just kinda' like... whatever!! Hayden's birth was pretty smooth, and he was an 8 pounder - I guarantee you you'll have a smooth delivery!! Todd, Hayden and I will be there in a few hours to see everyone! Maybe Dallen is just waiting for us to get there!! :)