Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dallen Robert Shaw

He's here! If pictures is what you want, then here is the link...

www.christiesphoto.net

Click on View and Order
Click on Dallen Robert Shaw
Enter your email (this is a local photographer who does business only for himself, and uses emails for tracking purposes only, not for marketing :))
View the pics!!

If you want to know the story, then read on!

I was admitted to Avista Adventist Hospital in Louisville at 6:30AM on Monday, November 24. After bloodwork and fetal monitor and IV and all of those other starter things were done, I saw my doctor finally around 8:45. I was still dialated at 3cm, and 50% effaced. No change had been made since my visit 4 days earlier despite the fact I'd been having contractions. They put a hormone gel onto my cervix to soften it and start regular contractions. They let me know that this may not take effect immediately, and I could need more put in place in another 4 hours. So I settled in for what I thought would be a very long day. Well, the contractions started within minutes, and were definately getting stronger very quickly. I was fairly uncomfortable and decided that I should start asking about how long I needed to wait (if at all) for my epidural. About 10:00 I think is when I got the beautiful thing that an epidural is! Oh what a blessing! I'm so glad I live in a day where epidurals are an option! Once I was comfortable again, Jeff started expressing that he was hungry, so I urged him to leave and get himself some food while he knew he could, and not to worry about me. He finally left about 10:40. My contractions continued regularly although I was still only at 4cm when my doctor came in to check me 10 minutes later. So she decided it was time to break my water. At this point she also told me that we were probably looking at a mid-afternoon delivery! Yay! I wasn't going to have to wait into the night! I turned onto my side and decided I'd sleep for awhile. About 30 minutes later I could feel a fairly strong downward pressure, so I rolled over and called the nurse. She came in about 11:30AM and said that I was dialated to 10cm! What! In only 40 minutes?!?! I think she was slightly shocked just like I was. I called Jeff immediatly, as she called my doctor back over from her office. Jeff was there first, by about 11:35, and my doctor followed quickly with pushing starting at 11:40. Dallen was born at 11:56AM. He was 7lbs, 15.6oz and 21 inches long. Everything went so well compared to my experience with Sienna. It was unbelievable! In fact, it all went so fast that the anesthesiologist came in to check on my comfortability level, and you should have seen the look on his face when he saw me sitting there holding the baby and my room already all cleaned up! Needless to say he pulled Jeff aside and told him that if/when we decide to have more children, he needs me to be AT the hospital with the epidural port in place fast. That way they can manage my pain easily and quickly if necessary. So there you have it! We had a photographer come in to the hospital yesterday and take some pictures, so that would be the link above. Some of them are silly (particularly of Sienna), and some of them are beautiful (of course, the ones of Dallen). Thanks so much to all of my wellwishers out there! I will call everyone as soon as I can get a hold of the new schedule that a newborn brings!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Congradulations! I am so happy for you. I hope you are feeling good it sounds as if every thing was fast and sweet. That is the way to go. Dallen is a doll. Good luck with everything.

Carrrie said...

So cute! Congratulations!! Dallen is so cute! I can't believe you had a professional photographer come to the hospital to take pictures. Go you! I always look like a blob after deliveries. yucky. Beautiful family pictures and memories though. :)

Stephen and Kathy said...

Congratulations, he is a cute one

Lady Carolyn said...

You've done it again, guys! Cute kid. :) I'm glad everything went so well. Give him snuggles from us utahns out here.

Sienna's hair is getting so long! She looks like a proud big sister. :) What did she think of Dallen?

Lindsay said...

Sienna is doing very well! I would say she's a little better every hour. We finally got her to put her arm around him yesterday, but before that she would barely touch him! She's a proud big sister!

Jami said...

Yay oh yay!!! Congratulations!!

Jan said...

Ahhh - Lindsay, he's so perfect! I can't wait to hold him. What a great idea to have someone come in and take pictures for you. You look amazing. Jeff looks like a very proud father. Sienna will be a great big sis. I was cracking up at some of the pics... like #40. They are all so great. Hope you are doing well. Talk with you soon.

Christie said...

Congrats on Dallen's arrival. Glad to hear it was short and sweet (our boys were good to us)! I look forward to meeting him and you non pregnant. Hope you are all weathering the new baby haze well. Let us know if there is anything you need, and tell Sienna that Margaux misses her.