Above: Madonna, rocking the Pepsi Center. Below: Me, getting ready to rock the Pepsi Center.So here I am on my way out the door to see whom I can only imagine must be one of the best entertainers in the world. What an amazing show Madonna puts on. Not only CAN she sing, but she is one of the rare pop performers in the world who actually DOES sing live through her whole concert, AND she does not have recorded back up vocals. She also dances throughout her whole concert, and during the current concert tour she also does double dutch jump roping while singing! For real!! And she only sounded slightly winded. I tell you, she is in amazing shape.
I was still undecided until about 4:00PM on the day of the concert as to whether or not I was actually going to go. My doctor had recommended that I skip it if I had been having any contractions leading up to the show. I had been having contractions for about 5 days leading up to the show! How was I supposed to decide if they were going to change into real active labor that night?? Anyhow, they almost stopped altogether around 4:00 that day, so that made my decision a bit easier. Then I had all my coworkers (our boss bought us the tickets for a fun staff activity, so we were all going together) all being SO sweet saying they would make it as easy as possible for me, picking me up, and dropping me off right at the door of the Pepsi Center before parking, and all sorts of other very thoughtful things. It made it really hard to want to pass up such an awesome concert! So off I went! I'm so glad that I did, because it was very cool. Madonna has such an amazing collaboration of music that she has sung over the years. She has been quite diverse in her sounds and everything so the set list was just so great. She even did one of her numbers from "Evita". It was very awesome. Well, obviously it was a good show, and I just wanted to let all my friends and family know that I went to the concert, and I have not had the baby yet! I expect that he'll be arriving shortly now though... the countdown continues!
3 comments:
Oh goodness...I seriously was thinking all week..."I wonder if Lindsay got to go to the concert?!" I was even tempted to call you yesterday and check up on you. Yay! It sounds like it was an amazing show!
That sounds like so much fun! I keep wondering if the little guy has come yet. Thanks for keeping us posted. :)
Haha, I love your picture!!! Glad you took one :)
Post a Comment